Friday, March 28, 2014

shining like pure gold!

Hello everyone! It`s been a while- i`ve spent 3 weeks in germany, enjoying spring weather and the good company of family and friends. I ate hilariously much and took embaressingly few photos, but maybe i`ll still make it to put together a post about it. 
I went to visit my dear grandma, who showed and gave me something truely amazing: 







yarn.
but not any yarn. my great-grandmothers yarn!!
I dont know if you guys understand how that makes me feel. i am not a person that collects antique stuff or holds on to every personal thing ever gotten from a relative or friend. even though i have a lot of things i am more than happy to get rid of old, unused stuff.


BUT this is different. this is soooo different! is it because this yarn is so old and yet so strong and good? the strongest and best quality i`ve ever had? because it shines like pure gold and you can see that quality back then was a completely different thing to quality these days?



or because my great-grandmother died around a year before i was born and i`ve never owned anything that was hers? they say she was the sweetest of all people. lovely, happy, always smiling and with a heart as big as the ocean. Is it because the colours are so soft and exactly the ones that i need? I can`t tell, but just seeing them makes me deeply happy.








I can`t explain it. but i love working with this yarn. sewing pillows, closing them with small stitches made by hand. 



To last. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment