Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Jump! Jump!!!



There are upsides and downsides with living on a ground floor apartment. When we moved in, I got rather paranoid about people looking into the window- it was a big difference from the safe 5th floor where we had lived on the the previous years. I was in love with that old apartment of ours, it hurt to leave all the lovely memories behind. Memories of long nights, great parties, lovely tunes on guitar and the smoke of waterpipe on the balcony.

But it did not take long for me to start loving our new home. One of the reasons was clearly, that it has a garden. All those new possibilities! Barbecues, more space for friends and family, view to the river and unexpected visitors: 

Squirrels!

The squirrels and I became friends very fast. I started to observe them as they jumped from tree to tree,happy and chatty. After a while they didn`t mind me coming close to have a look at them, and last time I left some apples outside they were the first one to check them out and have a bite. :) 

Now that it`s winter, they don`t come visiting that often anymore. But not to worry! I have some new friends, that are even less shy and very happy to be petted all winter long:

photo: Riku Kankaro

Handmade screenprint on best quality pearl cotton. Who could resist? ;)

now available in my etsy-shop:

No comments:

Post a Comment